Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Last Will and Testament of Me


How do these things always start? “Being of sound mind and body?” Is that a requirement, because I’ve been having trouble with that lately. I guess this thing has to get done eventually, and there’s no time like the present. I don’t have much in the way of concrete possessions, nor do I have some nugget of invaluable wisdom to impart from beyond the grave. Assuming, that is, that such a place exists.

If there’s one thing I can say, one piece of advice that I want to leave you with, it is this: Get over yourself. Take a step back. Stop focusing on your life for just a moment, and talk to somebody else. Talk about something different.

As people, we have a tendency to put this notion of individuality on a pedestal. Uniqueness is our most precious commodity, and that’s fine. That’s natural. But take one second to break that barrier, to let go of the idea of you. Exist as part of the crowd. Be a cog in the machine of human experience. You might not hate what you find.

Also, cremate me. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment