Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Believe: A Poem


I believe in community for its own sake, and that we have kindness within us all
I believe that Star Trek can change the world
I believe in deep fried food that is good only when you are eating it
I believe that family is created, and we need not stick with the one we’re born into
I believe in hugs
I believe in diversity as commonality
I believe that information is our most precious commodity
I believe in drinking cocoa in summer, and lemonade in winter
I believe in the power of the written word
I believe that I am a king, and nothing can change that
I believe in equality, but not in justice
I believe in lazy sundays
I believe in curiosity, but not in superstition
I believe that the only constant is change, and that’s okay

No comments:

Post a Comment